- AMO 5.0.6 release on Wednesday
- Almost 300 resolved bugs- check out Fligtar’s moxie Dashboard
- Redesign of AMO from top to bottom with our first Firefox extension (Add-on Collector) and the Collections feature!
- Compatibility with 3.5 up to 72% thanks to Sun updating the Java Console entry- should be up another 3-4% once they complete testing of the new Java Console
- AMO 5.0.7 release includes Contributions and Tagging, launching on 6/30
- Firefox 3.0.11
- Shipped! Yay!
- Firefox 3.0.12
- Code freeze targeted for tomorrow at 11:59pm.
- Please work on your blockers
- Firefox 3.5
- 1 blocker left and it’s actually already done!
- monitoring code freeze and helping where possible by finding regression ranges, etc, looking to help QA with testing phase as well
- Firefox 3.5 Beta 99
- planning on shipping a final “beta” release to get the 6 weeks of fixes out to our beta users
- this isn’t a “proper” beta, rather a quick release to help find blockers for final
- hoping to ship soon (today or tomorrow)
- Firefox 3.6 (Namoroka)
- moving on to TSnap bugs which aim to make Firefox observably faster
- also returning to polish bugs and exploratory sprints
- reminder to review and add your comments/feedback on the discussion page or in the dev-apps-firefox thread
- Firefox Interns are totally rocking it:
- both have code in the tree, MattN will have code in 3.5!
- about:me has gotten fantastic feedback and even some press mentions (yay, Margaret)
- can’t wait for Felipe to get here
- Gecko 1.9.1
- Sustained zero blockers over the weekend; however, there’s at least one that has popped up today. Looks like a rebuild of the RC might occur. There’s also one blocker nomination the JS team is looking into right now; however, it doesn’t look like a blocker so far.
- In parallel to the Firefox 3.5 effort, we’ve been working on a multi-process implementation. Chris Jones just sent a great update to the dev list, and we will be having a brown bag to discuss the Chromium Security Sandbox.
- New interns this week:
- Justin Lebar, Stanford, working in the Content group with Jonas Sicking
- Matin Movassate, Stanford, working in Content with Blake Kaplan
- Ryo Kawaguchi, CMU, working in Layout with Daniel Holbert.
- Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 / Gecko 220.127.116.11
- Caught an update issue during testing
- Targeting beta today, release in a week
- TBird 3.0b3 (Shredder) – Status: In Progres
- The folder display refactoring (part 2 of the Great Gloda Landing bug 474701) made it into the tree on Friday. If you encounter a bug in the nightlies which may be related, please check the regression tracker dependency tree], filing and adding a new bug if appropriate.
- After part 3 (the search UI and backend changes) lands, we’ll set some new dates for beta 3.
- We’re planning to ship jQuery, parts of jQuery UI, and Protovis with Thunderbird 3.