Back on May 1st, The Firefox Extension Guru’s Blog turned 3. Taking a looking back around May 1st for the past 3-years, here were some of the big news items:
- Mike Schroepfer announced developers were yanking Places from the then upcoming Firefox 2 release.
- Bon Echo/Firefox 2 Alpha 2 release.
- Support for both Firefox and Thunderbird 1.5 would be ending soon.
- Dell was going to offer (on some systems) Ubuntu & OpenOffice.org instead of Windows Vista and Office 2007
- The Guru begins to experiment with Ubuntu.
- The failed takeover/merger of Yahoo! by Microsoft. Still not sure if Microsoft is truly done with Yahoo!
- The Guru starts using Firefox 3.0Beta5 as default browser.
- The Tweaks section on ffextensionguru.com was redesigned to add many new tweaks for Firefox 3.
- Microsoft is sneaking the IE8 upgrade in as an Important Windows Update.
- In response to Google Chrome and IE8, Mozilla announced multi-process support coming to Firefox.
- Firefox 3.5 Release Candidate 1 announced for early June.
July 6 will be the 2-year anniversary of the launch of The Firefox Extension Guru’s Home then under the ffextensionguru.info domain.