Mozilla Project Weekly Status: May 4th 2009
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 by El Guru in Add-ons, Firefox, Fx 3.0, Fx 3.5, Fx 3.6, Mozilla News
- New blog template, thanks to morgamic, Sean Martell, and the kubrick folks
- New policy around “no surprises” posted to blog
- New category pages and simple user profiles
- New developer agreement
- 3.5.* now active in AMO, sending out email today or tomorrow to extension developers, currently around 52% are compatible with 3.5.* and higher
- 5.0.6 release totally focused on reskin and Bandwagon, will ship May 28
- AMO Presentation now up on Slideshare, will blog this week.
- Welcome Chris Howse AMO Design Intern!
- Firefox 3.0.9
- Firefox 3.0.10
- Firedrill Release April 27th
- Final major update for Firefox 2.0.0.x
- Scrapped due to Firefox 3.0.10 Firedrill
- Planned for another 2 to 3 weeks
- Firefox 3.5
- Beta 4 progress: Shipped. Now, watching feedback and nom queues for issues and fixing remaining blockers to get us to RC 1.
- Last week we completed a round of planning for each team:
- For overall Platform planning, see this wiki page.
- Next steps are to discuss the overall plan for what the next Gecko release (post 1.9.1) will look like, not just features, but duration and timing.
- Blocker Status:
- 13 final blocker bugs left in content. (9 last time)
- 6 GFX final blockers. (Two weeks ago: 3)
- 5 Layout final blockers. Six have patches. (Two weeks ago: 9)
- 0 SVG final blockers (Last time: 2).
- JS with 15 blockers. (Two weeks ago: 29)
- Triage needed. 25 noms are in the queue right now.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- 58 total 1.9.1 blockers (two weeks ago: 73).
- TBird 3.0b3 (Shredder) – Status: In Progress
- 3.0b3 schedule has slipped; new schedule forthcoming
Complete Meeting Notes