- The biggest request involves the review queue and the time it takes to get out of the sandbox. (24 requests)
- There is a real need for better documentation (22 requests)
- Tutorials are scattered across the internet and are often out of date. (21 requests)
- The IDE’s/tools for writing and debugging extensions are lacking. (15 requests)
- A few developers really want some sort of marketplace for extensions (6 requests)
Next step: some form of roundtable to reach out to developers to go over these results and what we are doing to address some of the big requests
- 83.5% of add-ons compatible with 3.1
- Will kick off 3.5 project plan this week so we can be ready for the version change.
- Release this Wednesday, March 4th
- Code freeze is a week from tomorrow
- Aiming for mid-April release
Fx 3.1b3 (Shiretoko) – Status: Pending Release
Firefox Front End Work
- 10 blockers left, only 1 of which is complicated
- Good progress on code sprints for items that could opportunistically be taken for Firefox 3.1, but will be taken on trunk.
- tagged and built early last week (one respin required)
- QA underway and on schedule
- on target for a release of this Thursday afternoon
Fx 3.5b43 (Shiretoko) – Status: Pending String Freeze
- proposed schedule (not final):
- String freeze: Thursday, March 19th at 11:59pm PDT
- Code freeze: Monday, April 6th at noon PDT
- QA start: Tuesday, April 7th at 9am PDT
- Release: Tuesday, April 14th, afternoon PDT
- will discuss this at tomorrow’s platform meeting and Wednesday’s delivery meeting before finalizing
- you may also comment on the newsgroup thread
- as has been announced on MDC DevNews we will be reversioning Shiretoko to Firefox 3.5
- first public release with this number will be Firefox 3.5 Beta 4
- project plan is available for comment, please use the newsgroup thread or find Sam (ss) on IRC
- Now cranking on Beta 4. Groups other than JS are fixing issues as they find them at this point. JS still has a decent size bug list of 42.
- Other areas are looking pretty good to wrap up blockers soon:
- 14 final blocker bugs left in content.
- 3 GFX final blockers.
- 6 Layout final blockers.
- 2 SVG final blockers.
- JS with 42 blockers.
- Triage needed. 47 noms are in the queue right now.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- 86 total 1.9.1 blockers (last week: 90).
- Beta this Wednesday
- Release in a week
TBird 3.0b3 (Shredder) – Status: In Progress
- 3.0b3 and 3.0 planning continuing
- Lots of heads-down coding work
- Thunderbird traffic from mozilla.com has been redirected to mozillamessaging.com.