- 5.0.2 release last week: Fixed bugs
- Updated developer dashboards
- Extension permalinks (now developers can link directly to the latest version of an add-on)
- Enhanced anonymized stats tracking of logged-in vs logged-out users
- Compatibility update
- 79% of add-ons compatible with Fx3.1
- Email to developers went out a little over a week ago, response has been positive but many are waiting for b3 before putting significant work into compatibility
- AMO Mascot/Logo by Sean Martell
- Beta this Wednesday afternoon
- Release next Wednesday at 3pm if all goes well
- Code freeze is March 17 at 11:59pm
- Release in mid-April
Fx 3.1b3 (Shiretoko) – Status: Pending Code Freeze
- Front-end blockers looking good: only ~20 blockers without patches remaining, only two of which are complicated
- Polish bugs are continuing to get fixed; would love more help and community contributions on them
- Moving into early planning and scoping for next version this week, should have something to report next week on that. Initial steps will be looking for wins on performance and code cleanup, as well as feature work that dropped out of Firefox 3.1
- Beta 3 is getting close, update at tomorrow’s development meeting
- 10 Bugs still blocking beta 3. There are a few difficult bugs to work through–all are correctness issues or performance regressions that we cannot allow to be introduced. So, we’re fixing them, and solid progress is being made. Overall, stability is good.
- Other areas are looking pretty good to wrap up blockers soon:
- 20 final blocker bugs left in content.
- 4 GFX final blockers.
- 6 Layout final blockers.
- 2 SVG final blockers.
- JS with 49 blockers (down from 53 last week).
- Component leads are checking nom queues daily. 21 noms are in the queue right now.
- For weekly engineering meeting notes and other info see the Platform page.
- Interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1
- 108 1.9.1 blockers (down from 125).
- Code freeze this Friday
- Fixes in sync with Firefox 3.0.7
- Aiming to release in mid-March
TBird 3.0b2 (Shredder) – Status: Code Freeze
- Code frozen
- Tomorrow’s build will be the first release candidate for 3.0b2
- Folks interested in helping to test those builds: please contact _Tsk_ on IRC or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org“.
- comm-central is open for 3.0b3 checkins
- More details about 3.0b3 plan available shortly