I’ve recently received a couple more tweaks for dealing with the Firefox 3 ‘Awesome Bar’. Note: Tweaks do not work with Firefox 3.1! These are more updates to a couple of the tweaks:
- Number of Results – By default the Smart Location Bar will display a maximum of 10 or 12 results based on what is typed in the address bar. You can change this so NO RESULTS are displayed.
- In a new tab and type about:config; (if needed click the “I’ll be careful, I promise” button)
- In the filter field type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults
- double-click on the entry and enter -1
- click OK
- close and restart Firefox
- Remove Unvisited Bookmarks – Your displayed results will still include your bookmarks, but only those you have visited.For those who don’t want to mess with the about:config, you can install the add-on Hide Unvisited 3.
Tip Source: Valatech