Reminder: Due to the scheduled meeting time and my work schedule, I am not be able to get the meeting notes posted until the following Tuesday.
Here’s an overview of this week’s Update Meeting:
- Fx 184.108.40.206
- Code Freeze: Friday, January 18
- Scheduled to release on February 5, 2008
- This is in bug triage and bug fix verification right now.
- Updated the release checklist
- Fx 3.0/Gecko 1.9 Beta 3-
- Status of Beta 3:
- 24 P1s
- 142 P2s
- 185 P3s
- Reminder: Next proposed freeze is on Jan 22.
- Testing new features: Places [abillings], added litmus test cases for privacy/security (page info cookie handling) [tomcat]
- Found regression in Places (bug 411989) [marcia, tomcat]
- Filed topcrash report based on Socorro topcrash list [ss]
- Verified fixed assertion bugs with debug Builds [tomcat]
- Continuing to test for memory leaks. Created a test plan. Filed 29! new Leak Bugs since last week! Tracking Bug bug 402335. Created Leak Testing How-To for extension devs and others [tomcat]
- Investigated qawanted bugs [marcia]
- Investigated a11y bug 411920, having to do with the fact that two new constants Mozilla offers for getting Text at a given offset, would not work on Linux. Turns out to be a problem in the Gnome Accessibility Toolkit (ATK).
- Lightning/Sunbird (Calendar Project) -No Report
- TBird 220.127.116.11 – Major Update planned for late February. Once this occurs, all work on TB 1.5.x will be concluded.
- TBird 18.104.22.168 – Release is unscheduled but will occur after Firefox 22.214.171.124, possibly in late February.
- TBird 3 –
- With the fix for A11y bug 408997, Thunderbird is now an alternative e-mail and news client on Linux for those needing accessibility aids. This was the last known blocker that made Thunderbird unusable previously.
Complete meeting notes.