Some quick notes from the Mozilla Developer News Blog.
- The current plan is to have Firefox 3 Beta 2 released on Friday, December 21st sometime in the afternoon
- There will be a Firefox 3 Beta 2 Test Day this Friday, December 14th
- Firefox 3 version numbering is going to be be 3-part (3.0.X) instead of the current 4-part (3.0.0.X) scheme
- However, extension developers can NOT yet use the new version scheme and must set their maxVersion at 3.0b2 (or whatever the current beta is at that time)
- Extensions now require a secure update channel to function – either by using an updateURL with SSL or by using a new updateKey. Add-ons hosted at addons.mozilla.org are not affected by this.