FoxSaver is add-on that will turn your idle Firefox into a photo screen saver/digital picture frame. You can use your own pictures via Flickr RSS ( other Media RSS coming soon). Don’t have your own pictures, you can those handpicked daily by FoxSaver. Some of the features include:
- Easily toggle on/off (via status bar)
- Full Screen if Firefox is maximized.
- Supports Dual Monitors, you can move your Firefox to another screen and enjoy the view while working!
The most recent version was release earlier this week and included:
- Idle minutes can be changed without restart.
- Sidebar can be optionally hided.
- Local directory can be directly changed.
- Do not start in minimized mode.
While I am not one for screen savers, I did find this extension a useful and creative way to display your pictures. The developer explains the advantages of using Media RSS with these tips:
First, you can view your own pictures via Media RSS!
So if you have an online album, you can view it on every computer you have FoxSaver installed!
You can install FoxSaver on your parents’ computer, fill in your RSS URL, then they can see your pictures without doing anything! If you update your online album, they will see it! However, only Flickr is well tested now.
FoxSaver supports Firefox 1.5-2.0. Be sure to check out the developers blog for the latest news and to cast your vote for what type of pictures you would like to see as well as future photo RSS feeds support.
Review tip provided by Chris Lu