Here are the details of today’s Weekly Update meeting:
- Fx/TBird 18.104.22.168 – Updates released last week. Fx 2.0.05 released on Tuesday, July 17th and TBird 2.0.05 released on Thursday, July 19th.
- TBird 22.214.171.124/Fx 126.96.36.199 – Meeting to be held later Monday to discuss scope and schedule
- Larry, (the passport dude) should land by freeze
- new location bar display
- Protocol/content handling
- protocol handling new dialog should make M7
- content-handling is not going to make Fx3
- Password manager
- Numerous regression fixes
- non-modal save password prototype together, hopefully will land by freeze
- Sync working with http auth/webdav
- Heavy focus on UI work, likely to miss M7
- Download Manager
- Mockups done, UI overhaul in progress, may make M7 (gated by protocol handling work)
- More work on securing updates
- Plugin blocklisting waiting on review
- Malware protection
- TBird 3 – Working on final approval to move over to Humspell (spellcheck engine) for Fx & TBird. Checking on memory leaks, especially with teh compose window.
- Gecko 1.9 – M7 (Alpha) Gecko Feature Freeze July 25th. Major New Features:
- Finalized Offline APIs
- Secure Wrappers
Complete meeting notes.